Freddie Mac Foundation's Adoption ExpoIn Partnership with NBC4 and Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
WHAT: The Freddie Mac Foundation's Adoption Expo – Showcasing adoption agencies and services in Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C., as well as national and international adoption resources.
This free event will offer information from A to Z about the adoption experience and the resources available if you're considering adoption. You will also have the opportunity to learn firsthand from experts in the field and families who have adopted. Information and resources will also be available for those who have already adopted. More than 35 exhibitors will be on hand to answer questions and provide information: placement agencies, public agencies, legal, financial and medical services, post adoption services, resource and referral agencies. In addition, a number of workshops will be offered, along with a 'Meet the Parents' cafe and an Authors Table.
WHEN: Saturday, November 12, 2011, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Grand Hyatt Hotel, 1000 H Street, NW, Washington, D.C. Metro accessible (Metro Center - exit into hotel)
WHO IT'S FOR:
- Anyone considering or currently pursuing adoption
- Adoptive parents interested in learning about post-adoption resources
- Adoption Agencies and Service Providers
- Domestic, International, Public and Private Adoptions
- Pre- and Post-Adoption Services and Resources
- Workshops for Prospective and Current Adoptive Parents
- Parent-to-Parent Discussion Groups
- Adoption Authors
- A Wide Array of Resource Materials
- Welcome remarks by Barbara Harrison, NBC4 anchor and Freddie Mac Foundation Wednesday’s Child host
Serving Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia
Children are welcome to attend. Children’s entertainment will be provided throughout the afternoon. Child care not provided.
Adoption Expo Flyer – Download a printable version of this Flyer to share with your community